View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Friday, 26-Jan-2007 15:52
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Haaa..disebabkan Cik Kiah kita ada 3 paper nx Tuesday, tunggu lepas hari selasa la baru cik kiah letak resepi yerr Harap tuan-tuan dan puan-puan dapat bersabar..
Home-made Honey Orange Rusk
No-egg Crispy Choc Chip Cookies
|An interesting FAQ I've just discovered today. Chris Gardner, the man who Will Smith played in The Pursuit of Happyness has the same birthday as I do! Hey, I got myself a cool Birthday-mate
ps: Movie tu baru sampai Jepun..bleh tak?
Yup, it's Tuesday and I've just finish the first few of my finals ( fuhhh...lega sgt eventhough I still have a few more to go )
Anyways, as promised..here are the recipes for both Honey-Orange Rusk and No-egg Crispy Choc Chip Cookies
1/2 loaf of baguette ( thinly sliced )
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg white
nuts ( pecan, almond, pistachio..anything you like )
How to make:
1. Melt the butter and mix it with honey, sugar and egg white. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Add in the orange zest as well.
2. Using a pastry brush, dip it in the butter mixture and generously brush over both sides of the sliced baguettes. Sprinkle some crushed nuts on top and bake in a well-preheated oven of 200deg for about 10-15minutes ( if you slice you baguette REALLY THIN, then reduce it to 5-10minutes or until the surface is evenly browned/ toasted ) After that reduce the heat to 120deg and leave rusks to harden for about 30-40minutes. If your oven can't go that low, you can just turn the oven off and leave the rusks in there and let them become stiff on their own.
**My advice: Bake the rusks on your baking rails ( don't have to put them on baking trays ) and use both upper and lower heat. If your oven has a fan in it, use that just like when you're baking cookies. Rusks tend to get browned really fast, so you have to watch them carefully. As soon as the surface is well toasted, just leave them in the oven for a bit more and they'll go hard over time. You can also use other types of bread as well; bran, whole-wheat, raisins..etc. The choice is up to you
And as for the Choc Chip cookies..
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup rolled oatmeal ( blended to a fine powder ) --> optional
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1/3 cup olive oil/ veggie oil ( about 70ml )
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
semisweet chocolate chips
chopped nuts (optional)
a dash of ground cinnamon and all-spice.
How to make:
1. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir well.
2. With a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons water, and vanilla until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, orange zest and nuts.
3. Drop batter in 1-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
4. Bake in a 300° oven until an even golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch places at half-time.
5. Let cookies cool on pan about 3 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool. Store airtight up to 1 day, or freeze for longer storage.
**My notes: The one in the picture I made using olive oil and not butter. If you want to use olive oil, choose those that are not so strong in taste, and preferably extra virgin ones. You can change and use white chips, butterscotch chips or anything you like in the cookie, They will go flat as you bake them so remember to put in some space in between the cookies. So far this is one of the best choc chip cookies I've ever made. And the best part, you don't need any eggs; that's one less ingredient you need to have in the kitchen
Recipe Courtesy of : The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
So there you go...both recipes, seperti yg Cik Kiah kita promise I'm trying to perfect the recipe for the choc chip cookies because when I made them using melted butter, they did taste a bit like Famous Amos
And to all who wished me luck for my exams, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I still have a few more next week..and do pray for me! I think I need it the most this time
So that's it for now.. hope you guys out there will try out these yummy easy treats at home..they're really delicious!
Take care everyone!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -