View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 7-Mar-2007 13:44
||Email | Share | Bookmark
After a long, long break..
CikKiah is back Done with my exams, and now enjoying my 1 month spring break. Which is why I haven't been updating my fp for some time. Holidays to me usually meant endless cooking attempts in the kitchen but somehow it's different this time.. has CikKiah finally lost the will to cook?? Well, maybe not as often as before
To those who have successfully guessed it- Yes, you're right. It's called 'Old Fashioned' Donut, a kind of donut you can find in Mister Donut.
Here's how the donut was supposed to look like
Fairly easy to make, this donut only takes up 6 basic ingredients. Here's it is.
30 g butter
60 g brown sugar ( you can also use white sugar )
200 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
How to make it:
1. Beat the butter and sugar and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla essence.Mix well.
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually pour it into the butter mixture and using a spatula, mix it together until just combined.
3. Gather the mixture to form a dough and let rest in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. NOTE: DO NOT knead the dough. That will cause the donuts to be stiff after being fried, and not crusty.
4. Roll out the dough about 1.0-1.5cm thick and cut out using donut cutter. Using a toothpick, draw a circle on the surface of each donuts.
5. Deep fry until golden brown.
NOTE: You can coat the donuts with melted chocolate but remember to let the donuts cool off first.
I was TAGged by NN. So here are 6 weird things about myself:
1. When it comes to cooking even the simplest Malaysian food for just me and Zairul, I often mess it up In other words my cooking only ends with great triumph when I cook in a large scale ( eg. kenduri ramai2 ) -which is an option many friends choose to take advantage of
2. If I'm ever mad at Zairul, I will always walk AT LEAST two steps ahead of him..the thought of walking side by side with him when I'm mad will only make me even more pissed at him
3. I rely on Zairul to update me with the latest news- meaning I seldom read the newspaper or even the headlines whenever Yahoo!'s main page pops up on my browser.
4. I cook but not often to relinquish my own cravings. I cook and give it to others; Zairul, my juniors, my friends at Berlitz. It's all worth it when you see the smile on their faces.
5. A famous quote from my dad:
" Anak saya ni 'makan' cermin mata!"- translating "My daughter 'eats' her glasses!" Yes,12 years of wearing glasses and I've had almost 15 pairs; most of them ended up broken in two The one I'm wearing right now is I think, my 16th pair
6. I'm not a make-up buff. Have tried and failing most of the time, my idea of putting make up on my face only consist of moisturizer, face powder and a wee bit of lipstick. Most of the time Johnson's Baby Powder I guess
I haven't really chosen the 6 people I want to tag just yet. But I'll come up with the list soon. Thanks to NN for tagging me
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -