View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Saturday, 22-Apr-2006 08:54
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Apple Strudel Muffins
Semalam ptg, I had the chance berborak dengan K.Lieza kat YM..selama ni dok tgk jer fp K.Lieza akhirnya dapat bercakap dengan tuan punya fp pulak Sebab I was on the rush of going out to my friend's place, so tak sempat la nak berborak lama..and K.Lieza asked me if I had any Apple Muffins recipe at hand. Kebetulan I was about to try one of the recipes I found on Apple Muffins kat Allrecipes.com sbb nak habeskan a few apples I had left in the kitchen. I did tukar a bit here and there. So, to K.Lieza..here's the recipe:
300 g all-purpose flour
5 g baking powder
2 g baking soda
3 g salt
115 g butter ( or margarine )
100 g white sugar
100 g brown sugar
5 ml vanilla
190 g apples,diced
55 g packed brown sugar
25g dry grated coconut ( optional )
20 g all-purpose flour
2 g ground cinnamon
2g ground nutmeg
15 g butter
How to make:
1. Cream butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Then add in the vanilla extract
2. In another bowl, sift the flour and add in baking powder,baking soda and salt into it.
3. Then add the diced apples. TIPS: To make muffins that have fruits in it, make sure you add the diced/sliced fruits into the dry ingredients and mix it well until all the fruits are covered in flour. This will make sure the fruits are distributed evenly in the muffins when baked.
4. Make a well in the bowl containing the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold as gently,quickly and as even as possible. TIPS: In order to make great fluffy muffins, DON'T OVERMIX your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients. After both are mixed, the batter should be lumpy and NOT RUNNY .
5. Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, dry coconuts,flour,ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Mix well and then cut in the butter into the dry ingredients, mixing to form coarse crumbs. ( see step 8 of picture )
5. Scoop in a prepared muffin pan, greased at the bottom side with butter/margarine. To scoop out batter, use an ice-cream scoop as a tool Then, sprinkle coarse crumbs on top of muffins.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degress C for 20-25 minutes. Once baked take out from muffin pan as soon as possible, and leave to cool on wire rack. This is to avoid the muffins from getting soggy when cooled.
Recipe yeilds 12-14 big muffins
So, there you go..Apple Strudel Muffins..sedap dimakan time ptg2..or breakfast with hot coffee Simple and easy to do..and veryyy memuaskan hati
For this recipe, I only did 1/3 of the real recipe sbb tak habes kalu buat byk2 And I used margarine instead of butter sbb tarak butter kat rumah. I think if you use butter, the muffins won't turn out to oily kot. And it might taste a wee bit better.
K.Lieza, Selamat mencuba yerr recipe ni. Boleh jer kalu nak tambah2 benda lain or nak tuka isi dia with other fruits. GOOD LUCK!
** Mama >> hahahha..itula name nye GODAAN FOTOPAGES, mama! I just can't stop!
** Norbaiti Modtrifi >> thank you..buat gituh pon sbb dulu I used to wonder camne org buat karipap pusing..so utk org yg tertanye2 cam saya ni, the pictured explanation might just help!
** K.Lieza >> hehe..mane ade lawa nye K.Lieza..tu gimik camera jer..hihihih. Tapi mmg rasa karipap nye sedap la..crunchy gituh!