View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Sunday, 23-Apr-2006 10:01
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Today, for lunch untuk gi part time I fixed myself a Shepherd's pie since semlm dah gi beli minced meat kat Kurosawa ( pakcik Jepun yg jualkan daging halal kat sini ). I browsed through the net and found a simple Shepherd's Pie recipe and decided to use it. AND seperti biasa la kan, I always alter the original recipe to suite my taste Anyways, here is the recipe:
500g minced beef
2 tablespoon butter
100g mixed veggie
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ( rasa nya brand Lee Kum Kee ada jual sos ni )
1 tablespoon flour
dried oregano leaves
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
2 eggs, separated
6 tablespoons butter
8 potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed
50ml cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
grated mix cheese
How to make:
1. Brown ground beef and sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter until golden.
2. Mix ground beef with onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oregano leaves,papprika, salt, sugar and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of beef broth mixed with flour and cook, covered, over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist.
3. Beat egg yolks until light, then in another bowl, beat whites until stiff. Then, add in the yolks, cream, 6 tablespoons butter, and garlic powder into hot mashed potatoes.
4. Fold in beaten egg whites.
5. Put meat mixture into a casserole then top with potato mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 240°C until potato topping is puffed and browned, about 25 to 35 minutes. ( if you don't want to put cheese on top of it, you can use a fork to make some designs on the potato too )
( original recipe can be viewed at: Diana's Kitchen)
Sebelum dibakar ( yg ni buat dlm bekas kecik sket )
Selepas dibakar ( yg ni buat bekas besar )
Rasanya lebih kurang je dengan resepi MamaFami kot pie ni..what I like about this pie is I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THE PIE CRUST! ( though I did ate the pie with some bread )
** KNizam >> bleh jer nak try kalu rajin KNizam Muffin tu senang je
** K.Lieza >> heheh..your most welcome K.Lieza..selalu asik kite je yg refer page K.Lieza, kali ni K.Lieza leh refer page kite plak btw, how did the muffin turn out? ok ?
** Jehan Najib >> aa..tadela terrer masak..cube rajin test recipe jer Semenjak due tiga menjak je yg tetibe jadi rajin SKET nak panaskan dapur
** Mama >> huhu..sampai nak terbit kan buku tu tatau la Mama Kalu dah ber"experience" cam K.Lieza tu..bleh la kot. ni baru jer blajo2 nih