View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Tuesday, 2-May-2006 11:39
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Clone of Cinnabon & Cream Corn Pudding
It's good to back after a few days leaving my FP untouched Am in a week hols ( Golden Week hols ) right now and just starting to get my oven all hot and runnnin' again Thanks to all who've been visiting my page eventhou I didn't get to update it lately. So, after a longggg break ( I can say that, can I? ) from posting any new recipes on my beloved FP, today I'll be posting 2 recipes
In the morning, I baked some Cinnamon rolls ( again, getting the recipe from Allrecipes.com ) that was said to have tasted just like Cinnabons! ( yup, kedai yang jual cinnamon roll yg sodap2 tuh Though I prefer Saint Cinnamon..hehe )
Indeed it was Though I did a mistake by over proofing the dough which left the dough to be a wee bit chewy after it was baked. Nevertheless, mmg sedap laa..tambah lagik plak ngan creamcheese sauce on the top..fuiyooooo! Sedap sehingga menjilat lutut!
Well, anyways..here is the recipe:
235 ml warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 eggs, room temperature
75 g margarine, melted
615 g bread flour
5 g salt
100 g white sugar
10 g bread machine yeast
The cinnamon filling
220 g brown sugar, packed
15 g ground cinnamon
75 g butter, softened
The Cream Cheese Sauce
85 g cream cheese, softened
55 g butter, softened
190 g confectioners' sugar ( icing sugar )
3 ml vanilla extract
0.8 g salt
How to make:
1. Sift and place the dry ingredients in mixer bowl. In another clean bowl, add warm milk, half of the sugar and dry yeast to proof for about 15-20 minutes ( don't be suprise if your milk+yeast mixture doesn't get all bubbly after proofing, cause it tends to do that )
2. Add in the milk+yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and also add in the eggs and melted margarine/ butter and mix until dough starts to pull of from the mixer bowl.
3. Leave to proof for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4.After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
6.Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
Meanwhile for the Cream Corn Pudding,
500ml fresh milk
150ml evaporated milk ( susu sejat )
5 tablespoons custard powder
6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup cream corn ( in can )
1/2 cup corn kernel ( in can )
a bit of yellow coloring
a bit of pandan flavour
How to make:
1. In a small bowl, mix in the custard powder with a 50ml of milk and set aside.
2. Heat up the milk ( both fresh and evaporated ) in a pot until it starts to boil just a little bit. Add in the sugar and then add in the custard powder mixed with milk.
3. Stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Add in the cream corn and corn kernel into the mixture and stir some more.
4. Add in the coloring and pandan essence if you'd like to.
5. Pour in a glass bowl/cassarole and leave to cool before chilling it in the fridge. Serve cool.
For the pudding, I poured it in separate small glasses to have it chill a bit faster. Had the Cream Corn Pudding as dessert for today's dinner. Tomorrow, I'm gonna be making some Cornmeal Muffin for the barbeque that we're gonna be doing near the river around my house. More pictures and recipes to come STAY TUNED!
** Mama >> alo Mama..lame benor tak update..sowie! hehe..maybe I'll give your pizza crust recipe a try the nx time I make my own pizza la kan The cornmeal crust was just as nice as any crust would be though
** medusa >> hehe..meh ler dtg Jepun..kite anytime bleh buatkan Syarat kena mai sini la tapinyer..hihih
** K.Lieza >> kekeke...Saya pun tak pakai keju mozaliza pon K.Lieza tu yg pakei natural cheese jer..tak mampu denn nak beli cheese mahai!
** azeemah >> haa..ape lagi..moh try recipe nye. senang jer
** K.zaza >> agaknye ye kot..camne leh sesat wat engineering course ni aa??
** jemster >> Sila la cuba jemster..senang gile nak buat pizza..pakai campak je ape benda yg ade ngan sos tomato..kalu leceh nak buat crust dia, pakai roti biasa pon bleh ajer
** K.Salina >> nyum nyumm..dan menggemuksskan! makin maju bisnes yek..nanti kite pon nak beli la jugak
** rossya >> nak sikit? bleh..tapi kena tunggu kita buat lagi laa..lagi satu kena mai Jepun dulu
** dusyum >> ehehe...sekali sekala buat homemade pizza..plus nak save duit from beli yg kedai punye Looks like you've been traveling again huh? best nyer berjalan-jalan
** chung >> bleh bleh..anytime can try one maa