View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 10-May-2006 17:05
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Creampuffs and brownies
Watched a show on the tv about creampuffs and all of a sudden I had the craving for one of those creammmmyy dessert. Checked my fridge and yippiee, had just about enough ingredients to make meself some creampuffs at home I've done the recipe once..and I'm just gonna paste the recipe I wrote from our blog. So here are the ingredients:
for the choux pastry:
120g sifted flour
200g eggs ( about 4 medium sized eggs)
the custard cream:
20g sifted flour
3 egg yolks
vanilla essence or vanilla oil ( better yet if you have vanilla beans, the cream will taste WAYYY better! )
How to make:
The choux pastry:
1. Prepare all the ingredients.Put the water, butter and salt in a pot.
2. Bring to a boiling point.Remove from the stove and add the sifted flour at once.
3. Mix strongly with a wooden spatula until obtaining a homogeneous and chunkless dough.
4. Put back on the stove and dry the dough, stirring constantly until it doesn’t stick to the sides of the pot, forming a ball.
5. Take away from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
6. Combine the eggs one after the other using a wooden spatula.
7. In the beginning the egg is hard to combine. Insist and mix strongly.
8. Combine with the other eggs, one at a time. The paste is ready for use.
9. Insert pastry in a piping bag,with the round nozzle. Pipe pastry on a lightly oil-brushed flat baking pan. Gently pat the top of the pastry with a fork,slightly dipped in water.
10. Bake in pre-heated oven ay 200 degress, and lower the temprature to 170 degress once pastry starts to swell.
The custard cream:
1. Bring the milk to a boiling point, with a few drops of vanilla essence.
2. Mix the yolks and sugar and whisk until pale and light. Add the flour.
3. As soon as the milk starts to boil pour at once the milk on the eggs, whisking.
4. Transfer back into the milk pot and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, constantly stirring and making sure the cream doesn’t stick to the bottom. The cream will get thicker.
5. The cream is ready. To prevent the formation of a crust on the surface, you can cover it with a plastic film put directly on the cream or brush with a knob of butter. Leave to cool.
1. Sliced the cooled choux pastry into 2 and put a spoon of custard cream in it.
2. Sift icing sugar on top.
And as for the old-fashioned brownies, the recipe is totally simple Budak kecik pon bley buat I got the recipe from MarthaStewart.com
This recipe is really the old fashioned way of baking brownies because you won't be putting in any baking powder in it. So the inside will be very moist with just enough crisp on the outside
Here's the recipe
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Butter bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the bottom, and press it onto the buttered surface. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and chocolate. Microwave on High for 1 minute; stir. If the chocolate is not softened, continue to microwave at 10-second intervals, removing before it’s completely melted.
2. Beat eggs and vanilla into the melted chocolate with a wooden spoon. Beat in flour and salt adn add in the walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool.
(recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart's Brownie Hearts and Brownie Bites)
and for tomorrow........jeng jeng jengggg..
here's a little sneak peak of what I'm gonna be doing..sape terrer, cepat TEKA!
Mama >> hehe...TEPAT SEKALI JAWAPAN ANDA ..ni sume gara-gara tgk telur dadar mama..hehehe hadiah tade la tapinye mama
Yusri >> well, tadela gambo makanan sahaja..cuma BYK lagi gambo makanan dari gambo lain jer ..thank you..will try to improve more!
azryshah@FM1957 >>aceh...die promotekan utk kita pulak la yek cuba jangan tak cuba!
rossya >> haa..itula..mmg mudah terpengaruh sket..pantang tgk FP org, ada yg best mesti nak cuba..sampai telur dadar bleh convert ke roti canai!
azlijamil >> yup, brownie mix is never a problem recipe tu utk org yg terXtra rajin..heheh
takteh >> gambar makanan aje sbb hobi nye pon makan saje adussss orgnya..makin gemukss! hihihi
f i q u e >> aish...jangan sampai termati plak fique..gambo tu gimiknye..blom rasa blom tau sedap ke tak
noor >> actually..1 stick of butter is equal to 115gms..so 2 sticks of butter is about 230gms