View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Monday, 26-Jun-2006 12:19
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Crab & Swiss ( or Mozzarella ) Quiche
Last week, thought of fixing Zairul & meself an easy lunch, plus we didn't have anymore lauk ( as in ayam or daging ) left in the fridge. I dig up my fridge and found some imitation crab meat ( I forgot what did I buy it for sebelom ni ) so, again comes my biggest cooking reference, Allrecipes.com searching for a good recipe that uses crab meat.
Bukak main page, there it was; the Recipe of The Day for that day --> Crab & Swiss Quiche
It was a quick dish, and I had all the ingredients needed for this recipe plus it was ready in a blink of an eye! ( acehh...tade la sampai gitu..tipunye la kenyit mata dah siap )
Eventhough the recipe calls for a pie crust, and being the lazy-me I went looking for a super-easy pie crust recipe and found one! --> Ruth's Grandma's Pie Crust
I did some little changes to the quiche but for the crust I used the exact ingredients. So, ni dia nak share recipe nya ngan sume yer
250 g all-purpose flour
180 g shortening ( I used 50g margarine & 130g shortening sbb I ran out of shortening )
20 g white sugar
8 g salt
60 ml water
How to Make:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, shortening, sugar, and salt. Blend together with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
2. In a small bowl, mix egg with water. Blend into flour mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use. The pie crust will be slighlty soft due to the amount of shortening used in the recipe, but don't worry..the crust will turn out perfect. Remember to really chill it sebelum guna..kalau tak nanti masa roll crustnye the dough will stick to your rolling pin )
Crab & Swiss Quiche
2 egg, lightly beaten
120 ml milk
120 ml mayonnaise
3 g cornstarch
225 g imitation crab meat, flaked
160 g shredded Swiss cheese ( I used mozzarella & cheddar )
*salt & black pepper ( Kalau guna mozzarella cheese, the filling tends to be a wee bit sweet )
*cayenne pepper or 2-3 drops of tobasco
1 unbaked pie crust
How to Make:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, milk, mayonnaise and cornstarch. Mix in the imitation crab and Swiss cheese. Add the *optional ingredients if you want to give the quiche an extra kick. I like mine with a tinge of spiciness Pour into pie shell.
2. Bake in preheated oven ( 180 Degress C ) until a knife inserted into center of the quiche comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Serve warm with your favourite sauce - chilli sauce etc. I like having them with a basic Basil&Garlic sauce.
Makan punye makan, kejap je pie nye habis ( Zairul ate most of it ) It was indeed a quick & easy dish, and not to mention, SEDAP! Serious kenyang, tak tipu! hehehe..
---------------------- the end of my cooking story -------------------------
Anyway, now ni tgh musim ujan kot..yesterday it was pouring so hard outside, sampai terjaga dibuat nye Mmg macam ujan lebat kat Malaysia..and I mean, mmg lebat giler~ sapa dok Jepun mesti notice kalau hujan jarang yg lebat tak ingat..kadang2 je. And last night was one of it. Tengok weather forecast kata ujan sepanjang minggu, but today tgk balik katanya esok CERAH So, yeayyyyy!!
Sapa sangka that June is about to end? Terasa betapa cepatnya time goes by.. I mean, yelah..dah setengah dah 2006 berlalu (chewah)..Well, I don't mind cause dlm otak dah pk nak balik Msia cuti summer ni yeappp, just 2 months to go bebehhhhh....
|k.zaza >> oo...beli kat Amazon ek. ok2..thought of getting one for my anak sedarass thanks k.zaza!
rossya >> ye ke k.rossya..but I have to agreee with you. Japanese butter mmg susah nak cair even if you put it outside the fridge. lembik tu yela tp tak cair..terrer gile! maybe i'll try a simple buttercream recipe tp guna butter kat sini lah
ethanako >> Thanksalot for dropping by our fp Kita ni tadela rajin sgt masak, cuma sbb ada org nak makankan so kena la masak kan? pastu saja la nak share recipe ngan suma sbb I've been seeing other ppl's FP yg byk recipe gak bila dah ketandusan idea nak masak ape so..you gotta give to get right? btw, masarap talaga tu maksudnye apa?
mapley >> ekekekkek...kena try buat tanmen plak aa pasnih
kak yong >> yup..mama pun ada version dia gak..tp kita pon lom try lagi
mama >> acehh mama..dah try ek? saya pon buat adjustments gak mama. tak penah nak ikut recipe betul itula..quiche ni mmg best..laju je bile ngadap..then again, saya pon buat 1/2 the original recipe gak..heheh
Yusoff+Yana=Azhad >> aaa...bila lagi K.yana..eheheh.beli jgn tak beli tp yela, kalu beli yg isi tu slalunye lagi murah la kan..nak beli yg siap ada kakinye..benkreppp! ( oo..kat Shiga ke..aduhai..jauh gak tu. hope bleh sampai la one day nanti )
Shah, Sya, Syahmi >> senang ke K.yan..ape lagi yg ditunggu..cube lerrr