View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Tuesday, 25-Jul-2006 15:26
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Yatto ketemu jua! ( Akhirnya ketemu jua )
I had one paper today..alhamdulillah, boleh jawab soklan2 nyer Penat gak otak dipaksa bekerja keras for 1 1/2 hour two more to go, and then I'm done!
Anyhow, today I was shocked by the news of our country's well known actor, Hani Mohsin meninggal dunia, at such a young age. He died because of a heart attack Sungguh tak disangka... I'm sure the whole nation was suprised by the news. I guess that is one way of Allah's reminding us that ajal tu di tangan-Nya. We can pray untuk dipanjangkan umur, but if He says it's our time, then ke Dia lah we will return to. Life is short, people..so dekat2kanlah diri dgn Tuhan and cherish the ones you love and be grateful for each day that Allah has given to you; to wake up and see the sunrise and sunsets of each passing day..subhanallah.
To Allahyarham Hani Mohsin, let us pray together, semoga arwah ditempatkan dgn orang-orang yg beriman and dikasihi Allah S.W.T..Aminn.. -Al-Fatihah-
Well, the other day ( I think it was 2 days back ) I made some homemade burger buns and chicken burger for lunch. And, to tell ya the truth, I've been searching a burger bun recipe for AGES ( a recipe that actually fits my taste ) and yeah, I found it!! After so many trials and errors, I finally found the best burger bun recipe! Oh gumbira rasanye hatiiiiiii
The texture of the bread is just like the ones you get at the store, the buns baked very well in the oven and turned out pretty and delicious. I couldn't be happier and satisfied with this recipe..and I want to share it with everyone in hope that you'll be satisfied with this recipe as I was.
My Chicken Burger with homemade Burger Buns
550g all-purpose flour ( I used bread flour )
4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 packages Active Dry Yeast ( roughly about 14g )
120ml cup water
3 tbsp butter or margarine
3 eggs, at room temperature
How to make:
1. In large bowl, combine half of the flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm. Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
2. Add 2 eggs and 3/4 of the remaining flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour to make soft dough.
3. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.( This is an important step! )Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Punch dough down. Divide into12 equal pieces. Form into smooth balls. Place on 2 greased baking sheets. Flatten balls with hand to 4-inch rounds and cover.
5. Place baking sheets over pans. Let rise until doubled in size, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Lightly beat remaining egg; brush on rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 400ºF for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
7. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Lightly brush the top of the buns with milk and cover with a clean cloth. This will soften the top of the bun and give it a nice shinny gloss to it
Eventhough it looks like a lot of hard work, it's really not The process is basically macam buat roti biasa. And the reason why I made these burger buns is because sini tarak jual buns urk burger. Somehow the Japanese here prefer eating their burgers without the buns..instead with a gravy-like sauce, mcm steak gituh. I wanted my burgers to be eaten with burger buns, so I made them myself
As for the burger, I took a recipe from Allrecipes.com.. The original recipe called for beef but since I only had minced chicken in the freezer, so Chicken Burger it is
Juiciest Hamburgers Ever
900 g ground beef/chicken
1 egg, beaten
80 g dry bread crumbs
45 ml evaporated milk
30 ml Worcestershire sauce
2g cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tbsp of garlic powder
How to make:
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
and as for the potato chips, I just sliced them into very thin slices, rendam in ice water for a few minutes then deep fry in hot oil until crispy. Sprinkled some salt and cayenne pepper and then served with burger.
Ok peeps, gonna sign off now. Penat harinih..tatau apsal. Badan rasa daruiii je ( lemah longlai ) Nak tido awal sket. So, later peeps!
|mercizwa >> sebab tade jual mercizwa, tu yang kena buat sendri
mama >> hehe..ni 1st time jadiknye molek mama..kalu tak slalu hodoh jer and i forgot to mention that the dough mmg lembik sket..soft dough type.. so cannot overwork sgt with the dough
Harlina >> yup K.Lina..tu yang buat sendiri kdg2..takut2 kot ada benda yg takleh makan je dlm roti yg jual kat kedai
phalinn >> itula..terkejut dgr berita pasal Arwah Hani Mohsin tu..nak wat camne, dah ajal kan.. nways, roti ni I made it myself..suami? ekeke..his not my husband..yet
rossya >> hahaha...tula time2 kepingin burger sendiri..terpaksa la bikin sendiri..takpe K.Rossya..trial and error That's how I learn..
zamdee >> thanks zamdee
chiput >> SELAMAT PENGANTIN BARU CHIPUT DEAREST!! alahai...tipula chiput tak reti masak.. hehehe...boleh aje chiput, kasik makan roti ngan kaya aje..kikikikk...nways, sorry sgt cannot make it to your wedding Hope you'll have a great wedding and kekal bahagia sampai ke anak cucu yer and I want to see pictures tau!!
aida-kyushu >> thanks a lot aida!
mapley >> ekekek...thanks for the comment buddy ( tak kesah ler chutohanpa pon )
f i q u e >> chittt...tau ler dia kat msia dahhh...
IYKM >> ekekek...gi la carik kedai burger dekat2 situ nuuu..
oshin >> haaa..tu nama nye right timing tu akak..heheh. Try la recipe ni..senang jer
DATIN D >> haaa..burger kat depan gate UM tu sedap woo.. ( ade lagi ke pon? )
KNizam >> haaa, tu baru nengok..tak rasa lagik kikikikki
pulau >> semb sehat2 ajer..tgh busy chuukan happyou
sayer >> mixer yg mana ni yek? the one i'm using ni ke? I'm using a KitchenAid stand mixer..kalu browse kat Y! Japan tu ada je..but I bought yg kat auction punye la..murah sket series number dia ada mcm2..cuba browse kat internet..byk ada
julia >> ooo..dah try ke resepi banana cake tu? amcam? ok tak rasa dia? takpe julia...masak jgn tak masak..ekeke..lepas ni sure julia terrer lagik dr kita
|Sleepyhead..go to sleep|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -