View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 9-Aug-2006 14:53
||Email | Share | Bookmark
On A Hot and Sunny day..Peach & Cream is the way to go!
I was browsing thru Cik Atun x-Gifu-now-Saga fotopages when I saw her Peach Cobbler recipe..aduhai, teringin nak buat and lucky me, I still had a can of peach in the kitchen, which was originally intended for a peach sorbet recipe I wanted to try..but the Peach Cobbler got to it first!
Anyways, I read that there's actually 2 basic ways of making a Peach Cobb. The one in Cik Atun's fp is one way to do it, and here I'm going to introduce the other way.. and both ways taste equally good, only this version that I made is basicaly the so-called Old-Fashioned way of making Peach Cobb and resembles more of a pie becuase it uses a pie crust.
I browsed through a couple of sites, and found that the ingredients to make a peach cobbler from all those sites weren't that much different. I made my own version of it, with measurements I estimated myself and these measurement is enough to fill a 15cm X 10cm mini loaf pan. I used a Pyrex mini loaf pan so that I could see how the layers work out.
Here's the recipe:
for the crust
6 tbsp chilled butter
2 tbsp chilled shortening
15 g white sugar
3 g salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
for the filling
1 can peach, drained and cut into thin slices ( usually ada dlm 5-6 peaches inside a can )
3 tbsp cornstarch
30 g brown sugar
3 g salt
a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and all-spice ( You can leave out the all spice if tak ada )
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp butter
How to make:
1. For the crust: Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar and cut in CHILLED butter and shortening using a pastry cutter or fork until foarming coarse crumbs. Beat egg and pour in mixture. Add in heavy cream or milk until just combine and forming a soft dough( If 1 tbsp is enough then just use 1 tbsp..this might differ according to the flour ur using ) Wrap and let chill until ready to use.
2. For the filling: Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and let it set for about 5 minutes.
3. Oil your pyrex with a little bit of butter or oil. Take out pie crust, divide into 3 equal portions. Roll out to the size of your pyrex.
4. Pour in 1/3 of the peach mixture into the pyrex then cover with one layer of crust. Add in another 1/3 and a layer of crust. Pour the remaining filling and cover with the last layer of crust. Poke some hols on the top and brush with egg+cream and sprinkle with a wee bit of granule sugar.
5. Bake at 190deg for 30minutes or until cook.
The filling, crust and before entering the oven
The leftover crust and juice from the peach mixture I use to make the small apple pie And that turned out yummy as well
As for the crust, this is the 1st time I added cream in the dough instead of water like I use to. The cream gave a slightly creamy taste to the crust and I must say the crust tasted very nice. If you don't have heavy/whip cream, you can always use milk or buttermilk or maybe even sour cream ( but kena byk sket la sour cream sbb sour cream ni kental sket )
Peach Cobb is usually served warm, with whipped cream or a scoop of Vanil Ice cream I didn't have any ice creams in the fridge ( lom buat lagik..nak buat dari arituh tak terbuat2 ) so I served it with a dallop of whipped cream instead. And the taste...HEAVENLY!
Remember to double the amount if you're making a big Peach Cobb okay!
3 weeks to go and counting Cendol, nasik paprik, popia basah Greenwood..here I come!
|I was pissed tgk Google Earth td sbb both my school and rumah weren't traceable on the map and Zairul's were both there!!! |
|cik atun >> aahahahha i remember that! ada kaaa cobbler tu has something to do with crab tu la bila tatau ape bendanye..pakai taram je teka nway, crab cobb?? hmmm biler la tu agaknye ek ?
mama >> ala ala mama..jgn la gituh mama..hehe mama tak balik msia ke mama? jom la balik..leh makan cendol sama2
ethanako >> haha..tula dia katanya nak diet well, nownih dah start jogging pagi2 dah so boleh la kot turun sket2..ape lagi , jom jogging jom
azlijamil >> yeah..that sounds like a good idea azli i'll give it a try the next time thanks!
nabialishad >> aaa.selayang dekat je tu nabia..kita dok Bt Caves nuuu je
oja >> meh main masak2 oja
Harlina >> hehe..tula, tensen betol..elok2 dah nak sampai my house area, ada awan la plak cover...habes blur chettt..sabor je la balik msia bila K.Lina?
adhadi >> meh jemput makan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -